By Sebastian Fedden
Mian is an endangered non-Austronesian ('Papuan') language of the okay relatives spoken within the Highlands fringe in western Papua New Guinea via nearly 1,400 audio system. This grammar is the 1st complete description of the language with certain research of tone, gender and clause chaining. The research relies on fundamental box information recorded through the writer. The booklet incorporates a choice of totally glossed and translated texts and a note list.
Winner of the 2013 ALT Gabelentz Award
Read or Download A Grammar of Mian PDF
Similar communication books
The Swastika: developing the logo ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ, ИСТОРИЯ Издательство: RoutledgeСерия: fabric CulturesАвтор(ы): Malcolm QuinnЯзык: EnglishГод издания: 2005Количество страниц: 209ISBN: 0-203-99387-XФормат: pdf (e-book)Размер: 2. 38 mb speedy Ifolder eighty five
This monograph reports men and women as neighbors from a developmental viewpoint. men and women as acquaintances examines cross-sex friendships from early youth via outdated age, then summarizes the findings and gives tips about how friendship among ladies and men should be inspired through the lifestyles span.
The examine papers during this quantity describe fresh, unique advancements in thoughts, instruments and purposes within the region of verbal exchange approach functionality. concerned with the undertaking are researchers from the world's top universities, learn institutes and firms
- English as an International Language: Perspectives and Pedagogical Issues (NEW PERSPECTIVES ON LANGUAGE AND EDUCATION)
- Relationship Rescue: A Seven-Step Strategy for Reconnecting with Your Partner
- Harvey Sacks: Social Science and Conversation Analysis
- Unit and Ubiquitous Internet of Things
- Harold Innis (Critical Media Studies)
Additional info for A Grammar of Mian
It can be filled by a possessive pronoun or a noun phrase expressing the possessor. Most adjectival modifiers and quantifiers follow the noun. The adjectives sin ‘old’ and memâ ‘new’ tend to precede the noun but they can also follow it. g. a clitic pronominal article or an adnominally used emphatic pronoun. The clitic article can be distributed throughout the noun phrase and show up on the head noun, all adjectival modifiers, and on numerals. Mian has prenominal and head-internal relative clauses.
1. Consonants 21 [p ]. It is always aspirated word-medially before vowels. In some older speakers, word-final [ph] and [p] alternate freely with the labio-dental fricative [f] and with the bilabial fricative . Except in careful speech, /b/ is lenited to  between vowels. /b/ occurs as the first member of the syllableinitial consonant cluster /bl/ and as the second member of /sb/. /t/ is a voiceless alveolar stop. It occurs syllable-initially and syllablefinally. It is always aspirated [th] before vowels and can be aspirated or be realized as an unreleased stop [t] syllable-finally.
The structure of the noun phrase is relatively simple and constituent order within the noun phrase is fixed. The leftmost position is the possessor slot. It can be filled by a possessive pronoun or a noun phrase expressing the possessor. Most adjectival modifiers and quantifiers follow the noun. The adjectives sin ‘old’ and memâ ‘new’ tend to precede the noun but they can also follow it. g. a clitic pronominal article or an adnominally used emphatic pronoun. The clitic article can be distributed throughout the noun phrase and show up on the head noun, all adjectival modifiers, and on numerals.